Apr 5, 2008

Wernher von Braun, Little Green Men, and some great psykobilly music



I am a huge fan of Lehrer's, and I recommend you check out this amazing satirist - quite ahead of his time.

Von Braun was a Nazi scientist who came to work for the Americans, helping to eventually perfect the atom bomb. And the atom bomb is pretty much what began, well, the Atomic Age!

A lot of the aesthetic of the 50's is centred around "space". And a big part of the draw for me to the retro aesthetic (long before discovering amazing things like Dr. Chud) was the flowing art of Brave Spacemen and Little Green Men, and their wildly creative gadgets.

I'm running around today taking pictures of all my "space stuff". After dinner tonight I'll have a new recipe and some pics. I hate when people post "I'M GONNA POST STUFF LATER KK" but I wanted to break it up into a few posts so you're not like, whoa, that's a lotta post.

And thanks to The Stylish Vegan for linking me on his blogroll! What a prince!

No comments: