Apr 2, 2008

Pasta-Free Tofu Lasagna


Was expecting La Liz and her lovely man over for my first fancy dinner in the new pad. The second (I mean the second) this thing went in the oven, she called up sick with a migraine. Ah well.

But, the lasagna must still be eaten. I took the recipe from one of the net's great vegan resources (and another "Eat To Live"-er), Fat Free Vegan.

The prep was a lot easier than I thought - whipped the whole thing up in like, 15 minutes - but here's a truth I'll tell you and I don't care who disagrees. Slicing zucchinis lengthwise into 1/4" slices SUCKS. I mean on the Monsanto level of sucking. You get the first 3 or 4 ok, then the zucchini starts saying "No, no, I refuse to participate in this wanton display of nose-thumbing to the pasta industry" and you slip, slip, slip and end up with 400 little wee thin pieces of zucchini. BUT HEY it's edible and serves the purpose. But yeah. Watch out for that.

It was frickin' delicious. Huge, too. There was a LOT of liquid in the bottom of the pan when I scooped out our servings, and I'm thinking maybe I should have pressed the tofu, but the recipe didn't say to do that so I declare myself an innocent victim!

1 comment:

toxiferous said...

I have to say that the pasta-free tofu lasagna looks pretty yummy and your blog is great! (Those black plates look pretty awesome too. Or bowls? I think it's a plate. I need new eyes.)