Sep 11, 2007

The Great Lunch Rescue and my first recipe

Another day at work, another day I haven't been able to grocery-shop. 12-hour shifts make it tough to hit the store. And again, didn't bring a lunch. So utilizing yesterday's model, off I go to the nearby veggie store.

Picked up a can of chickpeas, 1 garlic clove, 1 red onion, some broccoli, and tomato sauce. Fried up the garlic and onion at work (residential facility, so we have a stove, phew), added it to the sauce and broccoli in a bigger saucepan, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. I was going for a kind of pasta fagioli deal, but it came out more chili-esque. It was heavenly, cheap, and vegan. And the growing desire to cook more came out in full-force. Now it's all I can think about. Gonna go to Whole Foods tomorrow morning since I finally have a day off.

All revved up to fight the Hazelton Lanes crowd. Rich douchebags, watch out.

No comments: